Hope you are all well?
Street V Street this year will run from Wed 19th Jan to March 26th (6 weeks – play everyone plus finals day). This event has disintegrated into an evening for a few (which is fine) but we could be getting more people in our community involved and mixing with others. We need a greater effort from our organisers!!! Let me know if you or someone else can do this organising for your street ASAP.
We will have the same format – 6 a side cricket, Petanque and tennis.
Teams to be;
Ohaupo – Fosters Geoff, 07-823 6949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaipaki West – Mel Sutherland, (07) 823-6106 or
Kaipaki Cricket – Kent Currie 021944710 email@example.com
Kaipaki East – Fraser Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Mystery Creek Rd – Parkers 8236368 email@example.com
Parallel Rd – David Smith 8236430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· 8 week competition to find the Kaipaki’s Top Street (Trophy Prize) and 8 week competition after Christmas with Trophy being re-awarded.
· Points accumulated each week
· 3 points to win each separate sporting activity each night
· 1 extra point if a female participates in each sport
· If you don’t have a female participating then one point comes off that Streets accumulated competition total – could lose maximum of 3 points if no females play on any one night.
· One guest player not from your street is permissible
· If teams are late and cause delay to start up (and delays to other rounds) 3 points can be deducted by the Event Manager
· 12 points available each week to each team
· Draw and points table will be on www.kaipaki.com
· 6 players per team
· 5 overs each team
· Bowl from one end
· Maximum 6 balls per over and 2 runs per wide or no ball
· Full toss over waist high is a wide, bouncer over shoulder high is a wide
· Maximum of 18 balls per batsman
· Cricket Adjudicator keeps score, umpires and makes all decisions
· Game must be over within 45 minutes
· Leave gear tidy for next round
· 4 people in Petanque team
· Play until cricket is finished
· Leave equipment tidy for next round
· Two games of doubles
· Pairs swop when half way in cricket game and finish when cricket game ends or 45 minutes is up
· Score numerically until changeover or end of time (example 32/21)
· Five serves each always starting from the right hand side. Order of serving is same as normal tennis
· Whoever is leading at changeovers (half time in cricket and end of cricket game) win that doubles match
· Four games in each round with 3 points to the winning team and in the case of a draw both teams will get 2 points.
Can you have teams organised asap and let me know that you have received this email and that all is in order?
Our two English cricketers will help run the event when available and we will have an Event Manager – Ray Walker possibly, but no marketing people!!
Kaipaki Community Centre